Monday, May 3, 2010

Welcome sessions occurring now

I just wanted to remind people that schools are hosting welcome sessions for incoming students. We went to the Curley's welcome session on Friday. I had already toured the school, but I learned a few other useful things (e.g., I should begin thinking about after-school care for my 4-year-old because their after-school program isn't licensed for 4-year-olds, and even though our assignment letter says we are in the integrated class, we could wind up in either the integrated or the regular ed classroom.)

I emailed and called one of our waitlisted schools about attending their welcome session, but they never got back to me, so I wound up missing it. Grr. Some of these have been better publicized than others, obviously. Countdown to Kindergarten has a full list of all welcome sessions.

No comments: