I called the Family Resource Center (617-635-8040) this morning and got our assignment. We got a spot at the Curley. We're very happy, but we don't know for sure whether we're going to take our name off the wait lists for other schools just yet. The Curley was our #8 choice out of 15 schools we selected. We would have been be thrilled with anything in the top 10.
Here are our wait list numbers for our top three schools:
1) Lyndon: 42
2) Haley: 5
3) Mozart: 3
There are some very good things about the Curley, and my husband and I are going to talk it over tonight. Our second and third choice schools have very low wait list numbers, so if we don't take our names off those lists, I think there is a very good chance we will be placed there, probably soon. I think we have to decide whether we're done with the whole uncertainty thing and want to take our names off the wait list, or that whether things we like about Haley and Mozart (proximity, for one thing) outweigh the uncertainty part. If our son has a lot of friends going to the Curley, that might be enough to sway our decision.
How did everyone else do?