Tuesday, January 19, 2010

School previews for Young Achievers & Manning

Young Achievers, which was just redesignated a citywide school, is having a school preview from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. this Thursday. I called to check, and that's their final preview. Logistically, that's a tough one for me, so if anyone convinces them to hold one more, please let me know.

The Manning, which just added an integrated special education/regular ed K1, will have an additional school preview this Thursday at 10 a.m. Thursdays aren't really feasible for me, so I'm going Wednesday (tomorrow) at 11 a.m. if anyone cares to join me. You might want to call the school and let them know you're coming.

I didn't call Mission Hill to check on preview times since that starts at K2 and is not an option for us this year.

You'd think that BPS would make it a priority to publicize all these changes they've made mid-registration period. I would expect a big flashing "Attention parents" message at the top of their registration website. Yet the following week, there is still nothing.  Not even a buried press release. How exactly are parents supposed to make educated decisions about their children's education? Word of mouth, apparently.

Totally OT: If you haven't already voted today, please go do so.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi Kelly. Thanks for making us all aware of these changes. I am going to try to join you on Wednesday's tour if I can get the baby out the door in time.