Monday, January 25, 2010

Back at the Family Resource Center

Given a choice Friday between cleaning my house to get ready for company or going back to the West Zone Family Resource Center to make changes to my son’s K1 registration, I chose the latter. (I’ll do just about anything to get out of cleaning.)

I was seriously brave and brought my son with me. We came prepared with snacks, books, coloring, you name it. I warned him that it might be a long wait. He seemed to think this was a good idea.

The staff was so nice to him. They had crayons and paper already set out on a table. He was perfectly content.

We had to sign in as transfers since we’d already gone through the initial registration. We added the two new schools available to us (Manning and Young Achievers (YA school preview write-up to appear sometime this week)) and took off a school from the end of our list. I hadn’t visited that school. It was one I had tacked on at the last minute -- an impulse school.

We were in and out of there in 20 minutes this time. Friday afternoons are apparently less crowded than Monday mornings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does it mean to sign as tranfers? Does this change your lottery round status?

Geeky Mama said...

I hope it doesn't affect our lottery round status since we're still doing it all during the first round.

I think once you're in the system, instead of reprocessing all your registration paperwork, they call you a "transfer" if you want to switch the order of your schools. I think it's just a way to connect you with the right person at the FRC.

Then again, I've been wrong about these things before.