Sunday, December 13, 2009

We must be in Lake Wobegon

I was cruising through Universal Hub when I saw this gem of a post from Mommy on the Floor.  On school tours, she has noticed that people are always asking about how schools will accommodate their children, who may be intellectually gifted.  It's so true.

It's a legitimate question, of course, but it does seem like parents may be bragging on their kids just a tad.  Now please excuse me while I watch my child do a reading of the Saint Crispin's Day speech from Henry V.

3 comments:

Googie Baba said...

Thanks for the shout out Geeky Mom. I love your blog by the way. I have found it really useful. Good luck with lottery!

Geeky Mama said...

Right back at you, Googie Baba.

Stefan Lanfer said...

Hi. Been tuning in to your blog for a while. It's really great. We're also West Zone parents but a year behind you in the process - our oldest just now 3.

Got a laugh from this one, and just featured it over at my dad blog (http://dadtoday.blogspot.com/2010/01/gifted-and-talentedor-not.html).

Congrats on the great feature in the Globe. And best of luck with the lottery.

Hope you will keep blogging even on the other side of the lottery. Cheers. Stefan