Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Our list and my warped subconscious

In the spirit of the season, we've made our list of schools, and we've checked it twice (and thrice).  Now we're going to put the list away and not think about it again until it's time to register in January.  Seriously, I'm not going to think about it at all.  It's done.

However, I hold no sway over my subconscious in these matters. Last night, I dreamed I was roasting eggplant and as I was taking the cubes of eggplant off the baking sheet, I realized that the eggplant was the Sumner.  I don't even know what that means -- perhaps it has something to do with the Brussels sprouts I roasted last night.

I feel like this could easily turn into an SAT question: Eggplant is to Sumner as ______ is to West Zone ELC.
A) Peas with butter
B) Macaroni and cheese
C) Ratatouille
D) Slowly step away from the oven, crazy lady.

No comments: